Holy Trinity church is situated in the Greenhead conservation area in Huddersfield, half a mile north-west of the town centre. The church was endowed by Benjamin Haigh Allen as a chapel of ease in the Parish of Huddersfield. It was built between 1816-19, by Leeds architect Thomas Taylor (1777-1826), on a sloping site with a west tower which is prominent in many views of the town. The exterior of the church is largely unaltered from its construction. It is a tall church in the simple Gothic style of the early C19th. It has a 4-stage tower with corner pinnacles; a west doorway in a projecting surround; round clock faces in the 3rd stage, and taller bell stage. The 5-bay nave and aisles have embattled parapets with pinnacles rising from the buttresses. Clerestory windows are above tall 3-light aisle windows. The chancel is also embattled, with buttresses carried up above the parapet under gable caps. The large 5-light east window has intersecting tracery and a transom, below which are arched doorways to the crypt. In the north and south wall are 2 blind clerestory chancel windows, above 2-bay vestry and organ chamber under lean-to roofs.
The grant will help fund a project for repairs to the south slopes of the nave and aisle roofs, associated repairs to the parapet stonework and clerestory lights, and to the rainwater goods.