The much-loved parish church is set in a conservation area on the edge of the village of Caston. The earliest mention of a church here is from 1218, and there is a list of rectors dating back to 1208. The churchyard also dates from this period, and is still active. It is built of flint with stone quoins and dressings. Both the nave and the chancel roofs are thatched. The tower is fourteenth century, acting as the entrance to the church. The nave roof is medieval, and has a fine collared scissor truss roof with a barrel-shaped interior of chestnut boarding between ribs painted in ‘barber’s pole’ fashion with gilded bosses.
The National Churches Trust’s £15,000 Community Grant will help the church to fund the installation of a kitchen to allow refreshments to be served. This is part of a project to engage the local community, particularly local school children. Currently the church has no running water, so the new kitchen will enable the community to hold additional events and provide refreshments after services. Concerts, lectures, and a celebration dinner are being planned for after work is complete.