Church of the Resurrection
This Grade II listed church was built in 1934 with funds supplied by Lord Glan Ely for the spiritual well-being of the new housing estate of Ely, and is dedicated to his family. The red bricked structure is designed in the style of Mirfield in Yorkshire and is of a very rare and distinctive style. Lord Glan Ely commissioned a number of beautiful stained glass windows, many commemorating his family. The church is beautifully decked out with grand carved wooden furniture and also holds one of the best collections of ironwork by the renowned artist Frank Roper. It also houses the WWII memorial plaque for those who died in Ely.
The Partnership Grant helped the church to carry out urgent roof repairs to prevent a catastrophic failure.