Cemetery Road Baptist Church

 

The church was founded in 1839 and members built a chapel on Eyre Street in 1841. As the membership grew, they moved to a new three storey building, constructed in brick, stone and slate on Cemetery Road in 1859. Two low buildings were added alongside in the 1860s and major additions to the rear in 1900. The whole complex was listed Grade II in 1993.

This work is to repair the wooden window frames of the attached hall structure built in 1900 at the liturgical east end, which are decayed and broken. Those on the south side can be repaired, whilst those on the north side need greater intervention. The windows work will bring visual improvement in a respectful manner to the listed building and the project will support the church in its mission to enable even more community outreach. 

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map