Awarded a grant to carry out urgent roof repairs and to replace rainwater goods. Having suffered from a lack of maintenance for a number of years and been at threat of closure, this church is now on the cusp of an exciting period of redevelopment. Urgent repairs will prevent further deterioration and help the church develop as a centre for performance, exhibitions and education.
Part funded by Alfred Meakin, a local potter, All Saints Church was rebuilt in 1911 on the site of the mid-19th century church, and is a good example of Gerald Horsley's work. The church is among the largest churches in the Potteries and is a focal point for Joiners Square, a community that had major mining and sanitary ware manufacture until the late 20th century. The area has a long history as a settlement at a main crossroads in Stoke-on-Trent.
The church has significant memorials to the First World War, including the large “East” window in the chancel, the triptych on the main altar and the memorial to the North Staffs regiment. It also has fine embroidery from the Leek Embroideries Guild.