All Saints was built in 1861 by Charles Edmund Giles. The original church had stood near the Domesday mill, and the current building was funded by the vicar Joseph Wolff, a Jewish Christian missionary of German ancestry who converted to Catholicism, before being ordained in the Anglican church. He later died in the village. The first part of the name of the village comes from the river Ile, which separates the parish from Isle Abbots. The second part comes from the family of William Brewer who were the lords of the manor in the early 13th Century.
This project will make the building safe by fixing the roof and repairing the tower. Once the church is in a good state of repair, the church will become a community hub serving a small village (population of less than 150) with no other community space. When complete, the building will be removed from the Heritage at Risk Register.