Current volunteer vacancies
Northern Ireland Community Grants Committee Member
Are you inspired by church architecture? Are you fascinated by the history of churches and want them to remain part of our heritage and a vital part of community life? Are you experienced in assessing funding applications and supporting historic buildings to be well maintained and sustainable? Are you passionate about all these things within a Northern Ireland context?
The National Churches Trust is about to launch a new project, “Treasure Ireland”, which will encourage and support improvements in the maintenance and sustainability of historic places of worship in Northern Ireland. As part of this three-year project, the National Churches Trust is setting up a separate Northern Ireland Community Grants Committee which will have responsibility for allocating £180,000 towards proactive maintenance and small repairs projects.
We are therefore looking for Committee Members from a range of backgrounds, experiences and denominations to join us and help deliver this exciting new initiative. As part of the Committee you will meet in Belfast three times a year to make the final decisions on grant awards to churches. Members will be asked to consider shortlisted applications contributing their experience to ensure that the cases most deserving of the project’s funds, and most in line with the Trust’s aims and goals, are successful.
Members will be appointed for up to three years – the duration of the funded project. Members may on occasion be asked to attend opening services or to make post-award monitoring visits, and will be invited to take part in a steering group and places of worship forum for the project. The positions are unpaid but we will pay travel expenses as necessary.
How to apply
- For further information about the Project, the Committee and the Role please read the Northern Ireland Grants Committee Brief;
- Background information about the National Churches Trust can be found here and information about our work in Northern Ireland can be found here;
- You can download a copy of the Application Form here;
- Please return your completed Application Form to Rosalinde: Rosalinde.Debest@nationalchurchestrust.org;
- If you have any questions about this post please contact Nigel: Nigel.Mills@nationalchurchestrust.org;
- Closing date: Noon Wednesday 12 August 2020
- Interview date: 18 & 20 August 2020 (either Belfast or online)