Our Community Grants programme offers grants usually of between £5,000 and £25,000 towards the cost of projects introducing facilities (kitchens and accessible toilets) to enable increased community use of places of worship.
Are you eligible?
- Is yours a Christian place of worship (but not a cathedral) in the UK, open for regular public worship?
- Do you own the building or have the right to carry out the work?
- Was your place of worship built as a place of worship originally, and are the works proposed due to take place within or attached to it?
- Is the building open to the public for a minimum of 40 days a year beyond worship?
- Is your total project cost estimated at over £25,000 (including VAT and fees)?
- Have you already raised 50% of the total project cost?
- Is the project being led by a qualified professional, with conservation accreditation if it is a listed building?
- Have you got all necessary permissions approved and in place?
You can find out more about our Community Grants by watching the video below.
For the 2018 guidance notes, full criteria and priorities and the online application form to apply, follow the link below.
The next deadline is 5 March 2018 for a decision in July 2018.
Subsequent deadlines will be: 2 July 2018 for a decision in November 2018.
Applicants can also be considered for a National Churches Trust Micro-Grant in Partnership with the Cinnamon Network. These are additional £2,000 micro-grants available to successful applicants to set up a Cinnamon Network Recognised Project that meets the needs of local people. The micro-grants allow churches to set up new social action projects such as CAP Money Courses, Make Lunch and Parish Nursing. Successful churches will also be able to access the support and training provided by Cinnamon Network’s regional Advisers and Trainers. It does not fund existing projects.
If your project has a cost of less than £25,000, please visit our Partnership Grants page. There is a list of local trusts that we work with to award small grants of upto £10,000 towards a range of projects - they may be able to help. If there is a local trust in your area and they are not listed, you may still be able to apply under their own grants programme. In 2017 we also opened new schemes in Wales and Northern Ireland. Please use this page to find out more.
For all other churches whose total project costs are below £25,000, at our discretion we may consider an application, particularly if you are in a priority area. Please contact the office - firstname.lastname@example.org - to discuss before applying.
Please also see our JustGiving offer which offers churches and chapels FREE access to the whole JustGiving platform, saving the usual £15 a month subscription fee.