New guide to Britain's churches and chapels published
Published: Friday, December 2, 2011
A new guide has been published by the Automobile Association in partnership with the National Churches Trust to help people discover some of Britain's finest churches and chapels.
‘Exploring Britain’s Churches & Chapels’ includes over 870 of the most inspiring of these buildings to be found in England, Scotland and Wales. Drawing on local expertise to compile the entries, the guide provides day tours to some of the most remarkable and memorable churches and chapels.
Features of the Guide include:
- Regional sections with detailed entries;
- Suggested day tours with maps and navigational tips;
- A brief history of church architecture with detailed articles throughout;
- Information about why to visit, nearby attractions and key historical information;
- Colour photographs throughout.
Copies of the book can be purchased from Amazon