Grants to help prevent church lead theft
Published: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Grants of £1,000 are available to churches for roof alarms from Allchurches Trust.
The past year has seen a big increase in metal crime, with many churches having lead stolen from their roofs.
One of the best ways to prevent lead and metal theft is to install a roof alarm
Allchurches Trust, owners of the Ecclesiastical Insurance Group, have funding available to help churches pay for the instalation of roof alarms.
This has been provided to county historic churches trusts and dioceses on the basis of a £1,000 grant per church.
Schemes are currently actively running through:
- Beds & Herts Historic Churches Trust (though ending 30/6/19)
- Somerset Churches Trust
- Northamptonshire Historic Churches Trust
- Norfolk Roof Alarm Scheme (apply via Diocese of Norwich)
- Friends of Kent Churches
- Leicestershire Historic Churches Trust
- Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust
- Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust
Churches in these areas seeking a grant should either approach the historic churches trust or the diocese running the scheme.
Allchurches Trust also provide grants of £1,000 to churches by direct application to the Trust via their website by completing their standard application form.
For futher information please contact email@example.com