Trinity Methodist Church, Clitheroe, Lancashire
In June 2014, the National Churches Trust awarded a £10,000 Community Grant to Trinity Methodist Church, Clitheroe
The Trinity Methodist Church in Clitheroe is an archetypal, medium sized Wesleyan Chapel built in 1887 and unlisted. Significant modifications were made to the interior of the church in 1963.
Project: To remove walls around redundant vestries to create a larger central area, improve heating system, refurbish toilet and servery, remove pews, improve disabled access, enhance entrance area so that it can be used for other purposes and to create a flexible performance and recreational space.
- A light airy welcoming foyer has been created as well as kitchen and toilet facilities, the pews have been removed and a new heating system as been installed to create a series of flexible and comfortable spaces for performance and recreation, supporting the church's active calendar.
"The new building will help us serve the Trinity family and the wider community and develop the work we do with young people, families and the older generations. We can now offer a first class facility to the Ribble Valley, which will be open for celebrations, performances and fellowship opportunities for old and young, as well as weddings, baptisms, funerals and worship."