Head of Engagement/Deputy CEO
The National Churches Trust (NCT) supports and promotes church buildings of historic, architectural and community value. We are the independent, UK-wide charity supporting churches, chapels and meeting houses of all Christian denominations. Our vision is that church buildings across the UK are well maintained, open for everyone, sustainable & valued.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the Trust as Head of Engagement/Deputy CEO. If you have a flair for communicating to a range of audiences in a persuasive and engaging way together with sound digital and IT skills then we would like to hear from you.
The Head of Engagement/Deputy CEO is a new post for the NCT and will play a key role in fulfilling the Trust’s strategic goals and continuing the growth of its profile and brand. The NCT engages with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including churches and their congregations, grantees, funders, Friends and donors, other heritage organisations, policy makers, Government ministers, visitors and tourists.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and as a member of the senior management team, the postholder will deputise for the Chief Executive, supporting her in representing the Trust and ensuring strategic objectives are met. Responsible for a small yet effective team whose work encompasses church tourism, press and media work, all aspects of digital marketing (including our websites and social media accounts), publications, supporter events, advertising and marketing; the successful candidate will need to be a flexible and energetic team player who is self-motivated with a hands-on approach. They will be confident in developing and nurturing highly effective working relationships both externally and internally and must be a confident and personable communicator who is able to work collaboratively with a wide range of people.
About the role:
- Based in Westminster
- £48,000 – £60,000 pa depending on experience
- Full time, permanent
- Flexible working / part-time considered
How to apply:
- The job description is available to download. To request a detailed information pack please contact Rosalinde.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about the role please contact Claire Walker, CEO, email@example.com .
- To apply for this role, please send your CV together with a covering letter and details of two referees to Rosalinde.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: 29 September at noon
- Interview dates: 7/8 October (Westminster or via Zoom)