George Gilbert Scott, perhaps the greatest ecclesiastical architect of the time, designed All Souls on a grand scale, having in mind the nave of one of the great Yorkshire abbeys.
The church was built in 1876 as a memorial to Dr W. F. Hook, the Rector of Leeds and latterly Dean of Chichester. The architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott. Emily Ford painted the doors of the font which features some local faces.
The works will rectify a defect in the discharge from valley gutter on Vestry roof, and will also replace gutters on the Vestry and Portico. The works also include minor masonry repairs, stone repairs, repairs to gable verge copings and water tabling.