The 2017 Community Grants Programme is currently open
Our Community Grants programme offers grants usually of between £5,000 and £20,000 towards the cost of projects introducing facilities to enable increased community use of places of worship. We prioritise projects that include toilets and catering facilities.
Are you eligible?
- Is yours a Christian place of worship in the UK, and open for regular public worship?
- Was your place of worship built as a place of worship originally, and are the works proposed due to take place within or attached to the place of worship?
- Is your total project cost estimated at over £25,000 (including VAT and fees)?
- Have you already raised 50% of the total project cost?
- Is the project being led by a qualified professional, with conservation accreditation if it is a listed building?
- Have you got all necessary permissions approved and in place?
For guidance notes, full criteria and priorities and the online application form to apply, follow the link below.
The next deadline for applications is 3 July 2017.
You can find out more about our grants and how to apply by watching the video below.
Community applicants can also be considered for a National Churches Trust Micro-Grant in Partnership with the Cinnamon Network. There are additional £2,000 micro-grants available to successful applicants to set up a Cinnamon Network Recognised Project that meets the needs of local people. The micro-grants allow churches to set up social action projects such as CAP Money Courses, Make Lunch and Parish Nursing. Successful churches will also be able to access the support and training provided by Cinnamon Network’s regional Advisers and Trainers.
For churches whose total project costs are below the £25,000, contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org - at our discretion we may consider an application.
Please also see our JustGiving offer which offers churches and chapels FREE access to the whole JustGiving platform, saving the usual £15 a month subscription fee.