Order English Parish Churches and Chapels by Matthew Byrne
English Parish Churches and Chapels: Architecture, Art and People
English Parish Churches and Chapels: Architecture, Art and People is a beautiful and inspiring book of photographic portraits produced by Dr Matthew Byrne, Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society, for the National Churches Trust.
With a message of support from our Patron Her Majesty the Queen, and a foreword from our Vice President Michael Palin, the book celebrates the huge variety of English churches and chapels. Through detailed descriptions and wonderful images, it explores churches ancient and modern, large and small, urban and rural, many of which have received grant funding from the National Churches Trust.
"In this rich and detailed book, Matthew Byrne selects a collection of places of worship to prove what potential treasure troves of local - and national - history they represent." Michael Palin
The book is now on sale. Thanks to Matthew Byrne's generosity, you can order the book for £15.00 (RRP £20)- this includes postage and packing.
Simply fill in the order form below, and return it to us at The National Churches Trust, 7 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QB with a cheque or postal order for £15.00. Please make this payable to 'National Churches Trust'.
If you have any queries, get in touch at 020 7222 0605 or email@example.com.
Churches featured in the book:
The Anglo-Saxon Centuries 700-1066
1) St Lawrence, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire
England under Norman Rule 1066-1200
2) St Mary and St David, Kilpeck, Herefordshire
3) The Abbey Church of St Mary, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershir
4) The Abbey Church of our Lord, St Mary and St Germain, Selby, North Yorkshire
The Middle Ages 1200-1500
5) St Mary, West Walton, Norfolk
6) The Minster, Beverley, East Yorkshire
7) St Mary, Ripple, Worcestershire
8) Holy Trinity, Blythburgh, Suffolk
9) St Andrew, Cullompton, Devon
10) St Mary and All Saints, Fotheringhay, Northamptonshire
11) St Nonna, Altarnun, Cornwall
12) St Leonard, Middleton, Greater Manchester
13) St Peter and St Paul, Exton, Leicestershire
Churches of the 17th and 18th Centuries
14) St Stephen Walbrook, City of London
15) St Lawrence, Mereworth, Kent
16) St Michael and All Angels, Great Witley, Worcestershire
17) St Margaret, Well, Lincolnshire
18) St John the Evangelist, Shobdon, Herefordshire
19) St Thomas Becket, Fairfield, Kent
20) St Mary, Whitby, North Yorkshire
21) The Quaker Meeting House, Come-to-Good, Cornwall
Churches in the Reign of Queen Victoria
22) St Giles (Roman Catholic), Cheadle, Staffordshire
23) Methodist Chapel of St John, St Austell, Cornwall
24) St Agnes, Sefton Park, Liverpool
25) St Martin, Brampton, Cumbria
The Modern Age
26) St Mary (Roman Catholic), Leyland, Lancashire